We Are Currently Hiring For the Below Position
Production Assistant (Full Time)
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our production team. This is an entry level position with room for growth within the company.
About the Position:
Title: Production Assistant
Reports to: Head Brewer
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly Non-Exempt
Position Summary: The Production Assistant provides support to the brewery, cellar, and packaging operators in completing their task while S/He is simultaneously being trained to become an operator.
- Keg Cleaning
- Packaging. Includes: keg filling, canning, cask preparation/filling
- Draft line cleaning
- Daily maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of the brewery
- Daily maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of warehouse
- Organization of materials and materials storage areas
- Preparation of distributors’ orders for pick-up.
- Weighing various ingredients and/or materials using a digital scale
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to read and follow written instructions in English
- Ability to do basic math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals)
- No prior experience required. This is an entry level position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to regularly lift/carry 55 pound bags above waist level
- Ability to periodically and safely lift/move 165 pounds
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam
- The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment
- The employee works in a factory/production environment setting which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and with wide temperature ranges
Our Ideal Candidate:
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid CDL/clean driving record
- Eager to learn
- Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Good time management skills
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Has a passion and fundamental understanding of craft beer and its culture
- Positive professional attitude
- Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Strong multi-tasking skills and detail oriented
- Professional, polite, and reliable
- Must have problem solving abilities and be able to think quickly on your feet
- Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week with the flexibility to work overtime, evenings and weekends and some holidays as dictated by the work load and staffing
Compensation and Benefits:
- Minimum wage
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Beer perks
New Glory Craft Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, please send a resume and a brief cover letter letting us know why you want to work for New Glory to: email@example.com.