We Are Currently Hiring For the Below Position
Production Brewer (Full Time)
New Glory Craft Brewery is seeking a talented, enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join our production team. This is a great opportunity with imminent room for growth within the company for the right individual. For consideration please send a resume and brief cover letter letting us know why you want to work for New Glory to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Position
Title: Production Brewer
Reports to: Head Brewer
Position Type: Full Time, Hourly Non-exempt
Position Summary: The Production Brewer rotates through all facets of the day-to-day brewing operations from the processing of raw materials to the conditioning and packaging of the final product.
• Perform Equipment CIP (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, bright beer tanks and hoses).
• Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy to produce highest quality wort (milling, mashing, lautering, hitting proper gravities and PH, boiling, hop additions, and knocking out).
• Yeast Management (cropping, storing, counts/viability, and pitching).
• Cellar Monitoring (gravity checks, trub discharge, and dry-hopping).
• Wort and Beer transfers.
• Beer Quality Tasting.
• Maintain a safe and clean “showcase” like work space.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• At least 2 years of experience as a Brewer in a production brewery producing a minimum of 2,500 bbls per year.
• Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
• Able to read and follow written instructions in English.
• Able to do basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (namely MS Excel and MS Word).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Able to stand for prolonged periods.
• Able to stoop, crawl, twist, turn, lift, kneel, climb ladders and stairs.
• Able to manipulate valves and clamps.
• Able to regularly lift/carry 55 pound bags above waist level.
• Able to periodically and safely lift/move 165 pounds.
• Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
• Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
• The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
• The employee regularly works around high voltage, hot water, and steam.
• The employee frequently must work in a sanitary environment.
• The employee works in a factory/production environment setting which may be loud, slick, humid, and hot and with wide temperature ranges.
Our Ideal Candidate:
• At least 21 years of age.
• Valid CDL/clean driving record.
• Has a “Can Do” and “ No job is too small” kind of attitude.
• Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
• Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
• Good time management skills.
• The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company.
• Has a passion and demonstrated long-term commitment to the industry.
• Positive professional attitude.
• Team player with the ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Strong multi-tasking skills and detail oriented.
• Professional, polite, and reliable.
• Must have problem solving abilities & be able to think quickly on your feet.
• Ability to work a schedule of (5) full 8-hour workdays per week with the flexibility to work overtime, evenings, weekends and some holidays as dictated by the work load and staffing.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive compensation based on experience.
• Paid time off.
• Paid holidays.
• Beer perks.
More About Us:
New Glory Craft Brewery is a 15bbl production brewery located in Sacramento, CA with a focus on Modern IPAs, big adjunct Stouts and Porters, and Farmhouse Ales. We are currently brewing 3,000bbl a year and are undergoing an expansion that will put us at a 10,000 bbl capacity. We operate a tasting room at the brewery out of which we sell the majority of all the beers produced. We are also distributed to select craft beer retailers throughout Northern and Central California. We are a very “tight-knit” family-like team. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, just our craft!
New Glory Craft Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For consideration, please send a resume and a brief cover letter letting us know why you want to work for New Glory to: email@example.com